CODE OF ETHICS
Extracted from the Member Handbook of the Pool & Hot Tub Council of Canada
18.01 All members shall observe and be dedicated to the following principles and policies:
- To encourage free enterprise and unselfish service to the public and to the Industry.
- To continually strive to promote the image of the Industry at the local community, and on both regional and national levels.
- To make the greatest contribution possible to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, hot tubs and spas.
- To support all efforts to improve swimming pool, hot tub and spa services and products; and to encourage research and development of new materials, techniques and methods.
- To advertise and sell the merits of the Industry’s products and services; and to refrain from attacking competitors or reflecting unfairly on their products, services or methods of doing business.
- To reveal all material facts and to refrain from the use of misleading advertising or innuendo in advertising and selling to ensure that products or services are fully understood by the consuming public.
- To design, build, service and maintain swimming pools, hot tubs and spas in a manner consistent in all ways with the concepts of public health and safety; and to comply at all times with applicable laws, ordinances and regulations.
- To fulfill promptly and completely all contractual obligations; to offer a reasonable warranty, whether explicit or implied, written or oral; and to process justifiable claims without hesitation or delay in accordance with the Standards & Ethics Procedure for Consumer Complaints.
18.02 Failure to abide by this Code of Ethics may result in a Member having his membership revoked or suspended in accordance with Paragraph 5.10 of this By-law.